Friday, September 25, 2015

Don't Judge Me!



“Don’t Judge Me!”
(What is really being communicated?)
judge1.jpg
I often hear people say, after I have made one of the many judgments that need to be made during the course of a single day, “Don’t judge … don’t you know the Bible says to judge not that ye may not be judge.”  Well, it’s about time that those individuals gain an understanding of what it means to honestly “judge” what happens in life and living.  Are we really supposed to lay down and die when people “do things” or “participate in things” that dishonor God and His Word.  I really do not think so … so … let’s go to the Bible passage that people (who don’t follow the Bible) quote when trying to guilt others into “not judging them.”


Mat 7:1  Judge not, that ye be not judged.


Mat 7:2  For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.


Mat 7:3  And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?


Mat 7:4  Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?


Mat 7:5  Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.


It is important to understand the “process” of this passage.  It is not saying we can’t judge; however, what it is saying is that before we “judge” we need to make sure we have every known sin out of our lives.  We can’t “judge” (help) people if we go to them with a “beam” (a tree branch in the Greek) in our eye.  The passage says that before we “judge,” we must make sure we get the “beam” out of our eye.  Verse 5 clearly says that when we get the “beam” out of our eye  … THEN … we can “see” clearly to be able to help the person with the “mote” in their eye.  The point is that we are to love one another enough to “judge” (help) them make life decisions that bring honor to God and His Holy Word.  Therefore; before we can “judge” (help) others we must “judge” ourselves.  That is the true issue … are we judging ourselves on a daily basis so we can be powerful Ambassadors for Christ to a lost a dying world?


On top of the hundreds of judgments that we make on a daily/weekly basis … we, one day as the wife of Jesus, will JUDGE angels and the WORLD.  One day … at the Great White Throne … we (the church – the Wife of Jesus) will JUDGE people where we lived, worked, and played as to whether they accepted or rejected God’s free offer of salvation.  Do you understand the significance of that … if you are truly a believer in Jesus Christ, the judgments you make on a daily basis WILL AFFECT THOSE IN A POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE WAY.  People who watch you, as you are calling yourself a believer and making daily decision contrary to the Word of God, will influence people to one day be CAST IN THE LAKE OF FIRE BY YOU!  That, my friend, is noteworthy!


So … please don’t inform me that I am being a “bad person” by “judging” (helping) people to honor God and His Word.  People eternities are hanging in the balance, and we (those who claim to be believers) are living (making judgments) like we could care a less about how those judgments affect Christ and His Word.


As for me … I will continue to make honest judgments about things that people are putting out there in the public so others can know there are people who truly care about what God cares about. I desire to INSPIRE others to follow Jesus.


So … what people who say “quit judging” me are really saying is, “quit trying to make me stop doing what I WANT TO DO!  I WANT TO DO WHAT I WANT TO DO REGARDLESS OF WHAT GOD/JESUS THINK ABOUT IT!  I WANT WHAT I WANT … AND YOU JUST NEED TO BACK OFF … SO … I’LL KEEP CALLING YOU A MEANIE UNTIL YOU DO!”


Here is my promise to you –


Gal 1:9  As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:10  For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.


 I live life to please God … not man … that includes YOU (anyone reading this)!  I will give account to God as to how I honored His Word.  So … if you choose to make something public and I choose to make that a battlefield … so be it.  I want others to know it is OK to honestly stand up for God and His Word.   Therefore, if you don’t want me to respond … don’t put your judgments (that don’t honor Christ … and ultimately … influence people away from Christ) out there in the public because I will defend God’s Word.


Live OUT LOUD!
Mark Harrell – Habakkuk 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment