Wednesday, April 1, 2015

RU FIT One Year Open Challenge To NCA and NBC


RU FIT Ministries - GET F.I.T. One Year Challenge

Open Challenge to NBC and NCA Leadership

northside1.pngnorthside2.jpg

If our bodies are the Temple’s of God … and they are … then it seems reasonable to me that being physically FIT stands alongside of being spiritually F.I.T. 

1Co 3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co 3:17  If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Co 6:19  What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

1Co 6:20  For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

If we are to take these passages seriously, then we must understand that our bodies are THE Temple of God; therefore, we must make it a priority to take care of them to the best of our ability.  The above verses explicitly advise us to:

1.  Understand that the Spirit of God dwelleth IN you…

2.  That if we “defile” our Temple (bodies) that God will “destroy” us…
It is important to understand the Greek as it pertains to these words, especially the word “destroy.” 

Φθείρω - phtheirō - fthi'-ro

Probably strengthened from φθίω phthiō (to pine or waste): properly to shrivel or wither, that is, to spoil (by any process) or (genitive) to ruin (especially figuratively by moral influences, to deprave): - corrupt (self), defile, destroy.

 

So far this passage tells us that if we do not take care of our physical bodies that our influence will waste, shrivel, wither, spoil, come to ruin morally, and be corrupt.  That is powerful, is it not?  I had to come to terms with that in the not too distant past when I weighted 240 pounds, was in a 40 inch waist, my cholesterol was 200 points high, and I was borderline diabetic.  I made the decision to stop defiling the Temple of God … my body. 

 

The passage above also communicates to us that our bodies which are now the Temple’s of God were bought with a price … the blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.  Is that not worth honoring him with our physical bodies?  One of the things that helped me get FIT more than any other was that I could no longer ask people to take me seriously when I asked them to trust me to lead them out of spiritual bondage (the things we can’t see) when I could not gain victory over the things I could see (food).  The passage below made the decision for me:

 

Pro 23:21  For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.


When I saw drunkenness put right next to gluttony (anything not in control), I could no longer refuse to admit I was dishonoring God by dishonoring my body … His Temple.  All I ask … beg … plead … encourage you to do is to make a one year commitment to GET FIT.  The RU FIT Running Paracletes will have pace groups to fit your needs and a schedule to meet your needs.  We will meet together for encouragement once a week (you can choose the route rotation) … and then the rest of the week is up to your intestinal fortitude … your character.  Really … give it one year and we will help you GET and STAY FIT with a F-aith that I-nfluences T-oday where you live, work, and play.


I want to challenge the leadership of the Northside Christian School and the Northside Baptist Church to take the one year RU FIT Challenge to GET and STAY FIT beginning this summer.  Just go to our webpage and fill out the information and I will send you an email informing you of our first meeting - http://rufitministries.weebly.com/running-paracletes.html

 

Let’s GET FIT Together,

Mark Harrell – Habakkuk 2:2

getfit13.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment